YC

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Blogshares: How I got started

I registered for an account about the same time I started this blog in February 2005. Why did I do that? It was a monkey see, monkey do thing. Mr Brown had one, so did Mr Miyagi, and many others and I thought I had to get one.

I have to admit the blogshares interface was a tad confusing when I first registered so I forgot all about it until early May. For some unknown reason, I absent-mindedly clicked on Hui Chieh's blogshares link and noticed that he had a Premium account. And he was also doing pretty well growing my double digit percentage points from what I could decipher from the statistics.

But I was thinking to myself, why would a perfectly sane chap like HC pay USD15 for a premium account? I mean great, you get unlimited transactions and what not. Big deal! That piqued my interest and so I started reading the blogshares help page and started trading on blogshares.

Non-premium players are only allowed 20 transactions i.e. buying or selling of shares of blogs a day. I lasted for about a week before I took the plunge for premium and the rest, as they say, is history.

Yes, HC, it's all your fault that I got addicted to blogshares! :-D

PS: To check if your blog is listed on blogshares, follow the instruction here.

Technorati tag:

4 Comments:

  • Ok, ok, it's my fault. I subscribed partly by accident, partly out of curiosity, and mostly because blogshares, strangely enough, appears to keep the most up to date information on who is linking...

    By Blogger Huichieh, at 7/03/2005 12:21 AM  

  • Just teasing you HC! Hey! Cute photo of baby Loy!

    Yes, they have a good system in place of keeping things current.

    By Blogger YC, at 7/03/2005 2:51 AM  

  • Hey: thanks for the recent gifts! You have obviously go much much further ahead in the game than I...

    By Blogger Huichieh, at 7/10/2005 9:51 AM  

  • You're welcome. Let me know if you need anything on blogshares. :)

    By Blogger YC, at 7/10/2005 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home