YC

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Star Wars Spoof on Joe Augustin's Blog

The last time I blogged about Joe coming back on air, his website was still... a website. Now it's a blog -- comments, RSS feeds. Sneaky!

Oh and BTW, check out the Hokkien spoof of Star Wars. Darth Vader sounds like Miyagi from the Mr Brown podcasts! Ok, I have some time to kill today. The translation of the Hokkien spoof as follows (actual quotes from Star Wars):
Light sabres clashing in the background.
Darth slashes Luke's arm.

Luke: (Hokkien) Ahhhhhh........ wah ay chew ah!
Luke: (Singlish) Ahhhhh....... my arm ah!
Luke: (English) Ahhhhh....... my arm!

Darth: (Hokkien) Look, teh wah ke orh orh hee peng.
Darth: (Singlish) Luke, follow me to the brack brack side.
Darth: (English) Luke, follow me to the dark side.

Luke: (Hokkien) Ai, dan gu gu ah!
Luke: (Singlish) Ai, you wait long long ah!
Luke: (English) Dream on!

Darth: (Hokkien) Look! Wah si nin lau peh.
Darth: (Singlish) Luke, I'm your fudder.
Darth: (English) Luke, I am your father.

Luke: (Hokkien) Bo ko leng! Bo ko leng! Wah lau peh si liao!!!
Luke: (Singlish) No way man! No way man! My fudder dead oreadi!
Luke: (English) No. That's not true. That's impossible!

Darth: (Hokkien) Leh kaki sio kwa bai, leh joo aye jai ya si jin aye.
Darth: (Singlish) You think properly, and you sure know it's real one.
Darth: (English) Search your feelings you know it to be true.

Luke: (Hokkien) Ahhhhhh........
Luke: (Singlish) Ahhhhh.......
Luke: (English) Ahhhhh.......

Technorati tag:

5 Comments:

  • Thanks for the link.

    just wondering - did you receive some notification via RSS feed? I don't have the slightest idea how I managed that if you did.

    If not, any tips on how to configire RSS feeds? Do we have to use any thirdparty websites? (Something to do with trackback URI's I'm guessing).

    By Anonymous Joe Augustin, at 5/14/2005 11:02 AM  

  • Hi Joe,

    This is really odd. Your blog software, Wordpress, looks to be very comprehensive i.e. it generates the RSS feeds for you, gives you trackback (look at the accidental wrong trackback that I did on your blog).

    I did find something odd though. I could subscribe to your RSS feeds with my web browser (Firefox) but now with news aggregator softwares like bloglines, which is my preferred method of reading blogs.

    I've written to them to see if they can help. Just hang in there for a few. :)

    By Blogger YC, at 5/14/2005 12:51 PM  

  • I will indeed look out for them.

    RSS doesn't feature on my present MAC OS (X 1.3)

    It's be interesting to findo out how it all works.

    By Anonymous Joe Augustin, at 5/15/2005 3:03 AM  

  • I've not heard from bloglines yet.

    I'm not familiar with the softwares for Mac but you can use bloglines as a web-based news aggregator (think webmail like hotmail or gmail).

    Wikipedia has a write-up on RSS. Preetam has a great tutorial on how to use bloglines.

    By Blogger YC, at 5/16/2005 10:49 PM  

  • Joe, please see e-mail.

    Thanks.

    By Blogger YC, at 6/02/2005 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home