[Ed: some of the questions I'd ask mine]
2. How many years of experience do you have in offering financial planning advice? Presently, how many clients do you have?
4. What are your educational qualifications and what subject have you specialized in? How can I be sure that your lack of experience in the fluctuating market can be compensated with your educational degree?
6. Can you explain financial jargons in simple terms that I can understand? Can you also explain your investment approach and philosophy in simple terms?
9. What do you charge for your services? Do you work on a fee-only basis or a brokerage commission basis? Why?
12. How often do you re-evaluate your client’s financial portfolio? Will it be possible for you to provide me a quarterly assessment and advice regarding my financial portfolio?
13. Based on my needs and limitations, how do you plan to invest my money? Why do choose those investment options?
14. Have you ever filed for bankruptcy? Do you have any disciplinary action or complaints registered against you?
Another good read, Personal Finance for Dummies by Eric Tyson.
Technorati tag: YC Finance Personal Finance Mutual Funds